Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Bertha Christensdtr Oleson 1804-deceased

We have been spending time during the past year or so adding and correcting information on the FamilySearch Family Tree, thinking that if our ancestors are going to be represented on their "one world tree" we might as well assist in making sure the facts are correct.

One great advantage to participating turns out to be corresponding with others who are working on the same family lines. Last month I wrote to someone who was adding information to Bertha's page to ask about collaborating. I learned that Bertha and her husband Ole Jensen, who married 8 January 1833 in Gausdal, Oppland, Norway, immigrated to America. My correspondent informed me that they lived in Alden, Polk, Wisconsin. I was able to locate Bertha and Ole in Polk County on the 1880 census.

I wonder whether Matthias Colrue knew that his mother was living in Wisconsin about 200 miles away from him!




*52 Ancestors: "Surprise"

No comments:

Post a Comment